Do you love kids and want to help teach them a lifelong skill? We’d love to have you on our team at Goldfish Swim School, where we teach kids ages 4 months and older how to swim. Some of the cool employee perks include working in a fun environment where there’s plenty of room from growth — and we have staff outings, potlucks, recognition events and special birthday perks!
Our Goldfish Swim School team uses integrity, compassion and trust to give everyone a GOLDEN experience while providing WOW! customer service.
The Swim Instructor is your child’s teacher: The one who instructs kids about proper techniques and water safety while using the proven Goldfish Swim School curriculum to produce those extraordinary results.
- Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
- Evaluates students’ progress. Completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and development of students’ swim skills.
- Acts as a GSS “ambassador” to ensure parental satisfaction.
- Uses problem solving/creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges that students encounter.
- Inspects pool areas before and after each class for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues. Reports issues to management as appropriate.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines.
- Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes required documentation and paperwork.
- Performs deck teacher duties as needed.
- Occasionally performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck mopping, trash
- removal etc.
- Occasionally required to attend in-service training outside of regular working hours.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Participates in training/in-service as required.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Lifeguard certification highly recommended
Goldfish Swim School - Wicker Park
Goldfish Swim School is the premier learn-to-swim facility for kids ages 4 months to 12 years. We use our proven confidence-building curriculum to promote a love of swimming and teach children to be safer in and around the water.
JOIN OUR CREW! Grab a great gig where the work is fun! We wear flip flops. We sing on the job. We tell corny jokes. We give high fives freely. We love our employees and reward hard work with Snack Shack bonuses, iTunes gift cards and other fun perks! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate. If you love working with kids, we’d love to talk to you!
Company Website: wickerpark.goldfishswimschool.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)