Job Title: Swim Instructor
Reports to: Deck Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Instructs students on water safety and proper swim techniques based on thorough knowledge of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
- Evaluates students’ progress. Completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and development of students’ swim skills. Acts as a GSS “ambassador” to ensure parental satisfaction.
- Uses problem solving/creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges that students encounter.
- Inspects pool areas before and after each class for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues. Reports issues to management as appropriate.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines.
- Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes required documentation and paperwork
- Performs deck teacher duties as needed.
- Occasionally performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck mopping, trash removal etc.
- Occasionally required to attend in-service training outside of regular working hours.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor, and/or childcare provider required.
- Two or more years as a swimming instructor required.
- Swimming experience preferred.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Certificates and Licenses: CPR/First Aid certification required. Shallow water attendant highly recommended.
Goldfish Swim School - Wicker Park
Goldfish Swim School is the premier learn-to-swim facility for kids ages 4 months to 12 years. We use our proven confidence-building curriculum to promote a love of swimming and teach children to be safer in and around the water.
JOIN OUR CREW! Grab a great gig where the work is fun! We wear flip flops. We sing on the job. We tell corny jokes. We give high fives freely. We love our employees and reward hard work with Snack Shack bonuses, iTunes gift cards and other fun perks! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate. If you love working with kids, we’d love to talk to you!
Company Website: wickerpark.goldfishswimschool.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)